Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hi Olga Type,

For my Caligula poster, I wanted to portray the type of person that I viewed Caligula
which is a tyrant who manipulates and controls everyone- he is somewhat like Hitler.

There is one scene in the play where Caligula calls everyone together and makes them bow down before him, the people are so scared of him that in fact they do it. I wanted to take that scene for and create an emotion/ feeling of oppression or sadness. I put the 1 in Cal1gula to show that he is the only 1 who controls them. 

I did different  variations. Tell me what you think

Thanks,
Jonelle

 







2 comments:

Olga Type said...

hey, I think these are great & have a good idea behind them. I like the 3rd one a lot, I think the type coming from behind the people really helps show the control he has over them. Also, the perspective of the photo is very good in this one as well. The more people shown helps convey the idea of huge control, although the piece showing the most people, i feel, its a little harder to tell what the figures are.
very powerful!
-jessica

Meagan Burns said...

Very cool choice of imagery, however I wonder if there is a way to make the people facing the title so it really looks like they are bowing down? Right now I get the meaning, but it's not as instant because the people seem to be bowing to a figure somewhere off to the right.