Sunday, March 22, 2009

caligula poster-


































hi, everyone-
this is bin who is in olga's thursday class.
well, we're doing caligula poster-
the word what I choose for poster is "meaningless"
because,
caligula realised "men die and they are not happy". he has realised the meaningless of the world after the death of his sister/lover. and became such a crazy man, who filled with self hate, ashamed of himself etc (as nicholas wrote bottom...)

so- I made poster as representing the caligula ,who had ultimate power, fade away to empty space-as representing the meaningless of the strongest power...
actually.. red one's type should be more faint..and i don't know why red one looks so dull-
sorry about that-

I have one more version of this poster but I'm still refining now.
I'll post it later-
please tell me what you guys think-
thanks,

3 comments:

myblackfriendsays said...

caligula was one sick individual. I like the b/w version best (:

Olga Type said...

Hey Bin

I like the red poster the best- its more monstrous, the black and white one reminds me of a chalk board,- but that could also be a good thing with your theme of fading away

I really liked the one you showed in class with the text that was like a tombstone and it was crumbling away- I think that one works good with your idea about the strong fading away- because tombstones shouldn't fade away.

You did a great job- i just really liked the text one though you should post it up.

-Jonelle

Meagan Burns said...

Hm, I think the red one definitely pops a lot more, I agree that the white one does look like a chalkboard.