Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MiOsphere:

Hello All;


So I have been working on the production of my book for the company/self-promotion project, and decided to change the name from MYOshpere to MiOsphere. It sounds exactly the same when pronounced and has a more direct link with BIO (much better than MAYO).



LOGO:
I came up with a newer logo, one that I think represents what I'm goin for without bein too literal. The shape of the Icon resembles a home (being the environment for the product) and also a person (linking to the clothing advisement option).






BOOK:
I have created a definite shape for the book (which takes the atmosphere from the product itself) and also a concrete color palette. The 4 colors will be implemented into the 4 different books which will describe each spherical layer in detail.

I have looked into how to properly trim these books so they will fit nicely within the case that I designed.. I believe a custom guillotine press would be the most efficient and professional option. Let me know if you know anything else.



CASE:
I am planning on outsourcing a CASE design, which will polish off my 4 books into a serious looking piece. I went to Canal Plastics and they seem confident they can laser cut this design and assemble it for a reasonable cost. I found a really nice "Blue Edged" plexiglass (only blue on the 1/4" thick sides, otherwise clear with minimal blue tint).



-----------------------------------
There is definitely more to come. I wish i was better prepared for class today. I am really working on it for the rest of tonight. Let me know what you think!


Thanks
Jared

No comments: