Thursday, February 12, 2009

myOsphere - Jared

Hey TypeFamily!

So this week is going to be nuts for me as i try to create an entire book from bottom up on my new idea called "myOsphere". This company produces a miniture, invisible biosphere around a home which will allow you to control the weather within a given radius. There are four layers, eaach with a different purpose, within the entirety of the WeatherBoundary (see Diagram).



An alternate option, presented by Olga in class today, was to make this project more personal and have it be a sort of directional-based accessory, which will advise you of the perfect preparations (example: clothing) for optimal comfort in the current weather conditions.

I'm on a teeter-tauter with this idea, because I feel both options have a great potential! Any info on a direction or other ideas that may benefit my designing process would be much appreciated!

Take care all!
jared

5 comments:

Olga said...

Dear all,
I made copies for all of you of the book that I showed in class: FLATNESSISGOD.
As you suggested, I left them on the 5th floor lab with Viveca. Copies of Mede are their also.


READ! THINK! BE READY FOR THE NEXT CLASS DISCUSSION!

Olga

Olga said...

What I meant was: Copies of Medea are there also.
: ) : (

Olga said...

Hi Jared,
While you are waiting for other people responses, let me react to your question. I think, there is no conflict between the two of the directions you described. First one around your home protects you when you are inside and second, gives you some important info, comfort, and helps you survive outside. Both can be very handy and actually, can give you more info for the book, unless you dedicate your project only to those who are entitled to be inside for the variety of reasons.


Olga

Olga Type said...

Thanx olga! i do believe that it is possible to combine the two.. it will give my book a lot of content..

I

Meagan Burns said...

I like the idea of combining the two as well!