Thursday, December 2, 2010

Myth_Narcissus


Hi :) I'm Soomin.

My Myth is about Narcissus.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Once upon a time, there was a beautiful boy called Narcissus.
A nymph was in love with him but he was very unkind to her and told her to go away.
The goddess was angry about it, and punished Narcissus to fall in love with himself.
One day, he was walking by a lake and saw his face in the water.
He thought it was another boy, and he fell in love with him.
He didn't want to leave the boy in the lake, so he stayed there.
Finally, he died there.
Flowers grew where Narcissus died.

They are called "Narcissus"
And now, people who love themselves too much are called "Narcissists."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My concept is that too much self-love is dangerous. Self-love can cause self-destruction.

He fell in love with himself(reflection of him) and died because of too much love. 

My first work represents it. I made 3 versions with same idea. 
And...
I made a simple movie to develop and test this idea.

I really need you guys' help :]

Thank you and good luck!

1st



2nd


3rd





4 comments:

Olga Type said...

love love love the second image it's very powerful and you can see how the n melts into itself

Olga Type said...

i also like the second image, but i wonder how it would look if you combine the second and the third one together..
but i think the concept is very clear and nice!

-seulki

Olga said...

Soomin, I really like your concept. The only thing is that you can't use letters. I wanted to tell you in class, but was destructed by other thoughts. Can you rethink it in terms of pictogram?

Olga

Olga Type said...

(Trisha R. Wong) I love the second image.. this is about Narcissist? I love narcissist I kind of get it, the reflective part is clear, but I don't see LOVE.