Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Brochure - Ben Avny

Hello

So this my brochure featuring Paul Renner. He was primarily known for creating the typeface Futura.

Since the first time I showed this in class, I spoke with Olga and she told me to make the following changes:
On the interior protion of the brochure, to fix the kerning on all informational text blocks, which I did but you guys tell me if they're ok. Also, to think about the center cirlce with Renner's face and the composition of the title on it (Paul Renner, A Bridge Between Traditional and Modern Design). The one I have in the image of the interior of the brochure now is the original. Olga didn't want his face in red because it made him appear negatively.

On the exterior, I didn't upload what I initially had because right now I'm on my pc at home and I don't have the font I used for the exterior, but simply, I used the Gothic typeface to create a pattern effect to display the contrast between the old Gothic look of German design and the newer futura-esque design. I uploaded 3 options for the exterior of the brochure based on what I talked about with Olga. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, these images are of my brochure as it would be fully opened flat. IT ma be difficult to explain if you haven't seen it already or don't remember, but it opens ups like an armoire? Such that the exterior when closed, would read "Paul" and "Renner" on their flaps from left to right. Hope that helps. Thanks!







1 comment:

Olga said...

Ben, #2 texture is interesting, but I think you need black boxes underneath the name. I think your top version of the face and type is still the best. You are overdoing it.

Olga