Saturday, February 27, 2010

Electra

Hi, I'm soojung. how's everybody? I hope you guys have a warm day. I need your critic or any opinion on my poster of ELECTRA project. you can see bigger size if you click below it. Thanks.


ELECTRA by Sophocles -


My interpretation of this tragedy is that life is a circle, which goes around repeatedly. There was deep sorrow and endless hope in Electra’s past. In the present, her brother shows up and revenges as she hoped. However, they will be same position with their mother and stepfather, like murderers.  This is my different viewpoint from others’ that is revenge, desperation, loneliness, and sadness. I use a circle and Mobius strip for representing life.










1 comment:

Eddorz said...

Hello,

I don't think you are in my class, but from the concept that you spoke of, I love the first poster. Its dramatic and really does give a sense of loneliness, desperation and even revenge. I like how it seems like it is somewhat dirty almost as if it has been left behind in some way. Are you trying to show this red circle as laying on the ground? If so then I think you need to adjust the top circle above the letter "A" in ElectrA. I also am not to sure about the font for, "by Sophocles". Other than that, it looks great!

The 2nd 1 reminds me the horror movie, The Ring. The circle is to "perfect" to make me feel what you suggested.