Monday, April 4, 2011

Time Tells All


My concept for Time became a dialogue of tough questions between Time and I. Through two series of postcards Time and I go back and forth getting down to the real answer as to why Time just does not leave us alone. The clock is always ticking, isn't it?


The flower series are the postcards that I was sending. I chose to make them flower anatomy sheerly because I wanted to. I felt I could take liberty in doing that because they are a representation of myself. And I would love postcards that actually looked like this because I would feel so attached to the their warm beauty.
Time's postcards to me are more conceptually driven. Each postcard is a generalized sum up of the point Time is trying to get across to me in the letter.


I think my biggest roadblock for now is the envelope that holds our intimate discussions. I wasn't sure if I wanted to make it addressed as well, but opted not to because I didn't want to drive the postal concept into the ground too much. Instead, I've let it exist sheerly as the folder that I hold these memories. Typographically I don't think it's their yet. I think I should keep it simple because it's all about the inside content, but I am not sure if my plain handwriting is enough of an introduction for what lays inside.


I appreciate any feedback.

Katie E

No comments: