Monday, March 15, 2010

Wed class-the cherry orchard posters by Byeolyi Jin

What I want to focus on the play was the social change in Russia at the turn of the 20th century.
It is the rise of the lower class in Russia after the abolition of serfdom in the mid-19th century and the sinking of the aristocracy.
The play reflects this historical and social change well by using the cherry orchard.
Mrs. Ranevsky doesn't recognize her situation and has to sell her cherry orchard which was her property for living. It portrays that sinking of the aristocracy.
At the end, Lopakhin, who has the bad memories of the brutality of a peasant child's life, bought Mrs. Ranevsky's cherry orchard. It portrays the rise of the lower class.

To me, this story gave me the image that the fallen tower.
Like lego tower top and the top of its is fallen and remains bottom of it.


Give me your advice.
Thank you so much!

3 comments:

Eddorz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eddorz said...

Hey Byeolyi,

I love the simplicity of this design, but the type doesn't work for me. The overall idea works, just needs some tweaking. Another thing is the number 7 and how the authors name is place inside and also how it overlaps the 19. The placement of the type within the poster is to restricted within a box like shape. If you want to play with the tilt of the number 7 then I say you play with that idea more and activate more space with it while making it more lively instead of flat and dull.

Olga Type said...

Ah~
this was the one that I saw in class

I think it's simple and well done
instead of 7.. cause the play is not
meant to focus on 7

I think you will get the right composition when you look at other people's type posters.. good luck!!

google 'type posters'